• Purpose – teach graduating high school seniors to develop soft skills such as teamwork, professional communication skills, practice interviews, develop a resume and LinkedIn, as well as some EQ training for navigating life. For homework, they will be reading How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie.
• Duration – 1 week program- June 6th through the 10th
• Topics: Professionalism; Elevator Speech, Communication Skills, Conflict Resolution, Integration & LinkedIn
• Outcome – Graduation Day, Friday, June 10, we will invite companies in to observe and interview the students. Ideally, all students will be able to leave the program with an offer for an internship, PT or FT work upon completion.
• They will also receive a certificate of completion from the Chamber and a recommendation letter.
• Objectives & Benefits
- Soft skills are versatile and necessary, regardless of industry or discipline
- Helps provide a steady pool of talent in the workforce
- Supports training efforts for companies
- Potential for reducing time and resources expended on recruiting and training
- Long-term benefit of nurturing healthy, positive, contributing citizens
If you would like to come out and interview the Students please reach out to the Member Services Liaison, Raimon Flores via email (Raimon@fbchamber.com) or phone (972) 243-8966 BEFORE June 10th, which is Graduation Day.
Friday Jun 10, 2022
12:00 PM - 4:00 PM CDT
Farmers Branch Chamber Office