THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT ATTEMPT TO LIST ALL OF THE DUTIES THAT ARE OR MAY BE PERFORMED IN THIS POSITION
1. Performs basic work using clearly prescribed procedures.
2. Responds to customer requests for service including connections and disconnections as becomes operator qualified.
3. Informs customer of needed repairs and answers basic questions. Ensures that customer understands and is satisfied with work completed.
4. May disconnect service as necessary and perform collection efforts on delinquent accounts.
5. Installs, programs, and operates Wireless Meter Reading (WMR) equipment as necessary.
6. Assists with activities to ensure responsiveness to natural gas and other emergencies.
7. Completes and maintains accurate records and reports to comply with Company and regulatory requirements.
8. May read meters and record usage for billing.
1. May be required to hold stand-by duty, work shifts, holidays, weekends, emergency call outs, and occasional extended hours.
2. Is subject to reporting outside regular work area.
3. Identifies, addresses, and reports safety and encroachment issues to their resolution and completion.
4. Is responsible for the safe operation and inspection of assigned Company vehicles and equipment.
5. Demonstrates support for and adheres to the Company's values, strategies, policies and procedures and learns the core values of AtmoSpirit, Customer Service, Safety and the Company's Code of Conduct both as an individual contributor, team member and/or leader of others.
6. Must become familiar with the contents of the Safety Manual, live by the spirit of its intent and become involved in creating and maintaining a safe working environment. Must complete all required safety training.
Requires a general educational knowledge normally acquired through a high school diploma or a General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
Requires valid driver's license in accordance with Company standards.
Certificates, Licenses, etc.
While at this level completes assigned classes, Operator Qualifications (OQ) and OJT specific to Service Learning Path. Must maintain position OQs and any other required OQs and classroom training or certifications.
Requires ability to utilize the Company's internet/intranet web site and available resources for data entry, reference and/or retrieval tasks.
Requires the ability to communicate with internal/external customers in order to obtain and/or provide explanations and/or information on basic types of factual information.
Work requires entry to customer premises.
Works outdoors in all types of weather and may be exposed to extremes of climate and temperatures, high noise levels, rough terrain, and occasional work on ladders, roofs, attics, and under houses as well as confined spaces.
May have residence requirement due to call-out response time.
Works as an individual contributor and/or as member of a team.
Requires occasionally performing activities including, but not limited to, bending, stooping, grasping, reaching, twisting, turning and/or lifting.
Requires the acute sense of sight and hearing (corrected or uncorrected) and strong sense of smell.
Must be able to lift tools, equipment and materials up to and including 60 pounds.
As a Safety-Sensitive position, pre and post employment screenings, including but not limited to drug testing as outlined by the Department of Transportation (DOT) and Pipeline & Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA), and motor vehicle record (MVR) background checks are required.
Atmos Energy Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.